Atlas Surveying, Inc. is accepting resumes for the position of Survey CAD Technician. Responsibilities will include creating construction staking point files; the completion of plats for As-built, Boundary, Title, Tree and Topographic Surveys; as well as the creation of digital terrain models from traditional ground survey data and drone mapping 3D point files. Will be under the direction and supervision of a licensed Professional Land Surveyor and working with a team of other experienced survey professionals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Previous land survey or engineering experience a plus.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD is required, with experience in Land Desktop or Carlson Software a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans for generating field layout data.
• Honest, Dependable, Thorough, and a Strong Work Ethic.
• Must have ability to complete projects independently with minimal supervision.
• Must have solid computations skills.
• Associate degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or CAD Drafting a plus.
• Knowledge in use of any land surveying field equipment is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare stakeout notes and point files for a variety of construction projects.
• Prepare As-built, Boundary, Tree and Topographic Surveys Plats.
• Prepare digital terrain models and contouring.
• Search legal and survey records and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries and areas to be surveyed.
• Reads and understands plans and specifications.
• Perform earthwork volume calculations.
• Know basic sources of measurement errors.
• Self-motivated and organized with good decision making skills.
• Responsible for meeting with clients and public land owners as a representative of the Company.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Please download and complete the Atlas Surveying Employment Application. Once your application is complete, please submit using the form on the right side of this page. We look forward to reviewing your information. Thank you for your interest in joining the Atlas Surveying Team.